Assessment / Test / Guidelines
- At the end of every lesson / chapter / topic, there will be a class test of maximum 10 – 20 marks. Teachers may combine 2 small lessons or topics in a test whenever required.
- Teachers may announce the test date(s) well in advance by stamping the students’ diaries having mentioned subject, topic and test date in it. In case of any unforeseen trouble or inconvenience it may be announced 1 day advance.
- If a test is postponed due to an unforeseen holiday, it may be taken any day un-announced. No reshaping will be done for this test, a note in the dairy will be sent though for this change in date.
- If a child is absent on the test announcement day, his/her diary will be stamped the next day, but if he/ she would stay absent for two consecutive days, school should not be hold responsible for not informing that child / parents.
N.B: To prepare for an Assessment a student MUST thoroughly read and learn the complete lesson from the book and the copy work.
- After checking and discussion, the test papers will be returned to the students. For the parents’ awareness, again student’s diary will be stamped having mentioned ‘Subject’, ‘Topic’ and ‘The date of return’ on it. If you do not find the “Test Returned Stamp” please inform it to us in written within a week.
- In three onwards classes Test-date, subject and topic will be announced by teacher in the class. Students will write subject, topic and test date in Assessment Schedule given in the Home Assignment Diary.
- Test Papers after checking will be returned to students by the same process as mentioned above.
- Parents will sign the Assessment Schedule when:
- Receive Test date (Sign – 1)
- Receive Test Paper after checking (Sign – 2)
- If a child is absent on the test announcement day, Parents should call the school between 2:30pm to 3:00pm for homework.
- If your child does not receive the checked test paper till the 8th day of the last announcement date, kindly contact school promptly to enquire.
- This is parents’ responsibility to keep these test / assessment papers safely in a file at home for a record.
- Subject wise official data of every student is maintained regularly by the school that may be shown to the parents upon request only.
- We do not RETEST. Parents therefore, are requested to make their ward regular and punctual.
- If a child misses his / her assessment / test due to an extremely genuine reason. He / She will be retested upon parents written request and a meeting with the principal. This chance will be given to every student once in a Term. If it happens second time NO RETEST policy will be applied as it is.
- Students on long leave / ailment will be given a chance to appear in Retest but only 1 test for each subject will be arranged if he / she has missed more than 1 tests of any subject.
- Due to an ailment or another genuine reason if a child does not attend the regular classes and only comes to school for taking test / exam / assessment, school will arrange it between 1:00pm to 2:00pm and on the same day only. But on this date / day child will be marked absent.
- Absentee will be considered fail in that particular test.
Assessment Criteria and Marks Allocation
- A balanced allocation of marks is essential. A final coursework percentage for each term that is based on few samples of students’ performance, work, and efforts does not provide a fair and sufficient representation of a students’ work. Therefore, we have planned to expand the assessment criteria for students which are as follow:
- Assessments based on topics, lessons, chapters, units from the syllabus
- Class work ( work completed in class )
- Oral work ( Recitation of Ayat with translation , Hadith, poems , Viva )
- Notebook/ Handwriting ( Neat and tidy presentation of work )
- Home Assignments and tasks (Any days routine homework can also be marked)
- Project work ( Work presentation , meeting deadline , relevance of material, bibliography / reference, acknowledgment, oral presentation of the project in class).
Child’s Term I and Term II Reports will be compiled as mentioned below:
Term I Report:
Term I Assessments marks + Half yearly Examination Marks = Term I Result
40% + 60% = 100%
Term II Report:
Term I Result + Term II Assessments Marks + Final Examination Marks = Accumulated Result
20% + 20% + 60% = 100%
Note: Child’s promotion to the next class or detention in the same class is dependent on the Accumulated Result.